On Bereavement

1) Please contact please contact Barnett Waddingham on +443442643587 or email : chevron@barnett-waddingham.co.uk.

You’ll need the following details, full name & address of deceased, d.o.b., Pension Reference & N.I. number

2) Please contact the CUKPA, if you are a member, Peter D Young, 07958009235 or email peterdyoung@hotmail.com

Useful Government sites are :
If you need to report the death of someone receiving Social Security benefits, you can do this by contacting The Bereavement Service using a dedicated freephone number – 0800 085 2463
You can also use the Government Tell Us Once service
to notify a number of govt agencies. You need a reference number from the Registrar of Deaths

You’ll need the following details of the person who died:

  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number
  • driving licence number
  • vehicle registration number
  • passport number, also
  • details of any benefits or entitlements they were getting, for example State Pension
  • details of any local council services they were getting, for example Blue Badge
  • the name and address of their next of kin
  • the name and address of any surviving spouse or civil partner
  • the person or company dealing with their estate (property, belongings and money), known as their ‘executor’ or ‘administrator’
  • details of any public sector or armed forces pension schemes they were getting or paying in to

Organisations Tell Us Once will contact

  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – to deal with personal tax
  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – to cancel benefits, for example Income Support
  • Passport Office – to cancel a British passport
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) – to cancel a licence and remove the person as the keeper of up to 5 vehicles
  • local council – Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, a Blue Badge, remove the person from the electoral register
  • Veterans UK – to cancel Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments

additionally :
1) Bereavement Help www.gov.uk

2) Bereavement Benefits etc. www.nidirect.gov.uk

When you die following retirement, a pension of 50% of your pension in payment (excluding any bridging pension, if applicable) together with 50% of any pension given up for a cash sum at the time of retirement (adjusted for any increases given in retirement), will be payable to your qualifying spouse/civil partner. A lump sum equal to three months of your pension payments (excluding any bridging pension, if applicable) subject to a minimum of £1,000 and a maximum (except for Chevron heritage members) of £2,500 may also be payable.

When you die less than five years after retirement and no pension is payable to your qualifying spouse/civil partner or dependent, the lump sum payable to your eligible beneficiaries will be increased to an amount equal to the balance of five years of your pension payments (excluding any bridging pension, if applicable).

When you die as a deferred member before normal pension age, one of the following benefits will be payable to your eligible beneficiaries: a refund of your contributions, together with interest, or £1,000, or a pension for your qualifying spouse/civil partner, generally of 50% of the pension you had accrued up to the date of your death.

This can be found on the Documents Library on the Pension Plan website